Our Parish Nurse addresses the spiritual, physical, and emotional health needs of the congregation.
We were called by Jesus to tend to church business which is illuminated in scripture by Matthew, Chapter 26, Verses 35 -36. (Zondervan’s NIV)
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink , I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
And we are encouraged by the verse in Matthew, Chapter 26, Verse 40. (Zondervan’s NIV)…
“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”
Our Parish Nurse serves Reformation in the following outreach endeavors:
- Home, Hospital and Nursing Facility visits.
- Phone support with community referrals as needed.
- Emergency care during church activities.
- Provision of emergency meals as needed with the congregational support to Aide to Friends.
- Provision of transportation by members and the nurse as needed.
- Prayer Shawls are provided by faithful knitters and crocheters to members and friends and family members.
- Homebound members receive Christmas Carolers. Caroling is also provided to Elwyn’s Glenview Facility and Whitehorse’s Four Seasons facility.
- Care sharers and friendly visitors faithfully visit homebound, assisted by the faithful organization of Susan Bell.
- Cookie packages are provided to the homebound and needy.
- Blood drives provide many units of blood with the help of the Red Cross and managed by Kirk Simmet and his family.
- The Gift Of Love meal program continues to help a church family.
Opportunities to serve:
Care Sharers: take Holy Communion to the homes of shut-ins
Meals: prepare and deliver emergency meals to the sick or shut-in
Prayer Chain: pray for those needing special prayers
Transportation: provide rides to those unable to drive to appointments and church events
Visitors: visit sick, shut-ins, bereaved (training available)
Prayer Shawls: knit or crochet prayer shawls or blankets to be given to members of Reformation or their family or friends in times of sickness or grief and in times of joy and celebration.
Please contact Pat Woerheide, R.N. for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org