Click the scholarship or internship below to learn more.
Applications can be left at the church office c/o Mark E. Davis Scholarship Committee to the attention of Gary Kamin, or emailed to Mr. Gary Kamin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed and postmarked by May 1, 2019. Applications not received by this deadline will not be considered.
Mark E. Davis Scholarship Committee
c/o Gary Kamin
Reformation Lutheran Church
102 West Rose Tree Road
Media, PA 19063
Any questions can be addressed to committee members.
The Choral Scholars ministry offers a $2000 (yearly) scholarship position to four local college or university students for the 2019-2020 academic year. The positions allow students the experience of singing with an accomplished traditional church choir and director. Scholars will act as section leaders within the choir. The church benefits from their musical skills and expertise and the program helps them to better develop their choral background. The position offers students the venue to sing as soloists and as a quartet in addition to the opportunity to teach and conduct the choir.
Choral Scholars must be actively enrolled in a music degree program at a local college or university. Students do not need to be Lutheran to apply. Participation requires full participation in the Chancel Choir, which includes a weekly rehearsal on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00 p.m. and Sunday morning warm-up (8:00) and worship (8:30-9:30). The schedule for the 2019-2020 year begins on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 and will follow the academic calendar of the student’s college or university with regard to breaks and time off. During the spring semester, there will be additional sung services including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and two services on Easter Sunday. During this schedule, absences from 4 rehearsals and 4 services will be permitted. If more absences are required and a substitute cannot be found, a deduction from the scholarship amount will be discussed.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. A resume’ may be attached if available. In person auditions and interviews will be held.
Form of Compensation
Choral Scholars are awarded a $2000 grant for their service to Reformation Lutheran Church. This will be paid in eight regular installments of $250 over the course of the year.
REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH, MEDIA, PA
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Summer Intern
Supervision: Pastor Alina Gayeuski and designated ministry leaders
- Be a current college student enrolled in a college or university
- Complete all required criminal background checks and clearances as per Pennsylvania state law
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation
- Have an interest in working in this congregation and a willingness to support its mission
- Have a strong faith commitment and an ability to share faith with others
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Not a member of Reformation Lutheran Church, Media
- Preference will be given to students engaged in religious life, social ministries, education, justice, advocacy, or other related fields
- Learn about the administrative work of a congregation
- Participate and lead in programs of the congregation – in education, service, and worship
- Work with individuals of different ages and abilities
- Have individual supervision and discernment with congregational leadership
- Work in an area of special interest to the intern
- Help to grow summer education, service, and other programs of the congregation (such as Vacation Bible School, Youth Summer Service Days, Art in the Heart of Worship)
- Work to further the congregation’s engagement in the local community through connecting to local organizations
- Attend staff, council, and ministry team meetings as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Assist called staff of the congregation with pastoral and programmatic responsibilities
- Provide social media support for the congregation
Length of Internship and Hours:
- 10 weeks during the summer months
- The internship will begin by the end of May (actual start date to be determined by the intern’s availability at the conclusion of the semester)
- 20-25 hours per week, including Sunday worships
- The intern must complete 10 weeks at Reformation, if a week off is needed during the summer, the intern is responsible for making the request for time off and will need to extend their time by the amount of time off taken.
- Interns may take up to one week off during the summer
- Time off is unpaid
- Pastor Alina and designated ministry leaders should be notified of time off at the time of the internship position is offered
- $250 per week/$2500 per summer (no additional reimbursement for travel or housing)
REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH, MEDIA, PA
SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM APPLICATION
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2019
Please type or print clearly.
Home Congregation/Faith Community:
Please type your answers to these questions.
- What skills and abilities do you have that support the position description and the vision for this internship program?
- How does your faith inform your desire to serve in this position?
- What do you hope to gain from this experience?
- What other experiences or interests do you have that you would like to share with us?
- Do you have scheduling conflicts during the summer that would make you unable to complete 10 weeks at Reformation?
Please provide at least 2 letters of recommendation – with at least 1 coming from an academic advisor from in college or university in which you are currently enrolled.
Potential candidates will be contacted as applications are received to schedule interviews. Interviews will be held in person or through online communication if needed. Applicants will be notified of decisions at the beginning of March.
SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS TO: HR@relcmedia.org