Click the scholarship or internship below to learn more.
The Choral Scholars ministry offers a $2000 (yearly) scholarship position to four local college or university students for the 2019-2020 academic year. The positions allow students the experience of singing with an accomplished traditional church choir and director. Scholars will act as section leaders within the choir. The church benefits from their musical skills and expertise and the program helps them to better develop their choral background. The position offers students the venue to sing as soloists and as a quartet in addition to the opportunity to teach and conduct the choir.
Choral Scholars must be actively enrolled in a music degree program at a local college or university. Students do not need to be Lutheran to apply. Participation requires full participation in the Chancel Choir, which includes a weekly rehearsal on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00 p.m. and Sunday morning warm-up (8:00) and worship (8:30-9:30). The schedule for the 2019-2020 year begins on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 and will follow the academic calendar of the student’s college or university with regard to breaks and time off. During the spring semester, there will be additional sung services including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and two services on Easter Sunday. During this schedule, absences from 4 rehearsals and 4 services will be permitted. If more absences are required and a substitute cannot be found, a deduction from the scholarship amount will be discussed.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. A resume’ may be attached if available. In person auditions and interviews will be held.
Form of Compensation
Choral Scholars are awarded a $2000 grant for their service to Reformation Lutheran Church. This will be paid in eight regular installments of $250 over the course of the year.
REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH, MEDIA, PA
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Summer Intern
Supervision: Pastor Alina Gayeuski and designated ministry leaders
- Be a current college student enrolled in a college or university
- Complete all required criminal background checks and clearances as per Pennsylvania state law
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation
- Have an interest in working in this congregation and a willingness to support its mission
- Have a strong faith commitment and an ability to share faith with others
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Not a member of Reformation Lutheran Church, Media
- Preference will be given to students engaged in religious life, social ministries, education, justice, advocacy, or other related fields
- Learn about the administrative work of a congregation
- Participate and lead in programs of the congregation – in education, service, and worship
- Work with individuals of different ages and abilities
- Have individual supervision and discernment with congregational leadership
- Work in an area of special interest to the intern
Applications for Summer 2021 are due by April 1, 2021.
SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS TO: HR@relcmedia.org