Click the scholarship or internship below to learn more.
The Reinhard Scholarship was established in 2001 at Reformation Lutheran Church, Media, PA in loving memory of Chester N. and C. Marie Reinhard by their daughter, Helen Beck.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support to a student(s) preparing for public ministry in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The award will be presented annually during a worship service at Reformation which the award recipient takes part in the service.
Candidates for Ministry of Word and Sacrament and Ministry of Word and Service are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Preference is given to applicants who are members of Reformation, Media, PA. If no qualified member of Reformation applies, preference is given to candidates from the Southeastern Pennsylvania Synod enrolled in an ELCA seminary.
REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH, MEDIA, PA
SUMMER INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Summer Intern
Supervision: Pastor Alina Gayeuski and designated ministry leaders
- Be a current college student enrolled in a college or university
- Complete all required criminal background checks and clearances as per Pennsylvania state law
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation
- Have an interest in working in this congregation and a willingness to support its mission
- Have a strong faith commitment and an ability to share faith with others
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team setting
- Not a member of Reformation Lutheran Church, Media
- Preference will be given to students engaged in religious life, social ministries, education, justice, advocacy, or other related fields
- Learn about the administrative work of a congregation
- Participate and lead in programs of the congregation – in education, service, and worship
- Work with individuals of different ages and abilities
- Have individual supervision and discernment with congregational leadership
- Work in an area of special interest to the intern
Applications for Summer 2022 are due by March 1, 2022.
SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS TO: HR@relcmedia.org
The Choral Scholars ministry offers a $2750 (yearly) scholarship position to three local students for the 2023–2024 academic year. Students can be in their junior or senior year of high school or any year in college. The positions allow students the experience of singing with an accomplished traditional church choir and director. Scholars will act as section leaders within the choir. The church benefits from their musical skills and expertise and the program helps them to better develop their choral background. The position offers students the venue to s i n g as soloists and as a group in addition to the opportunity to teach and conduct the choir. Additional opportunities for instrumental music are also available such as playing with the handbell choir or providing other instrumental leadership at worship if that is a talent of the scholar.
Choral Scholars must have musical talent, the ability to perform and lead within a choral group, and be enrolled in a college or university. Students do not need to be Lutheran to apply. Participation requires full participation in the Chancel Choir, which includes a weekly rehearsal on Thursday evenings from 7:30–9:00 pm (Wednesdays during Lent) and Sunday morning warm–up (8:00 am) and worship (8:30–9:30 am). The schedule for the 2023–2024 year begins on Thursday, August 31, 2023, and will follow the academic calendar of the student’s school with regard to breaks and time off. During the spring semester, there will be additional sung services including Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and two services on Easter Sunday. During this schedule, absences from 4 rehearsals and 4 services will be permitted. If more absences are required and a substitute cannot be found, a deduction from the scholarship amount will be discussed.
Applications should be emailed here. A resume’ may be attached if available. In person auditions and interviews will be held.
Form of Compensation
Choral Scholars are awarded a $2750 grant at a rate of $50 per call for their service to Reformation Lutheran Church. This will be paid in regular installments over the course of the year.
Through this internship, you will:
● Gain an understanding of how live-streaming works on a larger scale, using equipmentfrom Blackmagicdesign, ElGato, and Kramer.
● Learn fundamentals of video switching and cueing, remote camera control, overlaying graphics and HDMI matrix devices.
● Create graphics content using ProPresenter
● Develop skills in managing/directing multiple factors of the livestream
● Provide support for the congregation through technology
● Complete responsibilities scheduled weekly
● Has punctual timing to arrive
● Maintain the integrity of the Live stream both in production quality and content quality.
Length of Internship and Hours:
● 12 weeks of a semester (including 12 Sundays – 8:00 am – 12:30 pm)
● About 1 – 2 hour of remote work (ProPresenter, analytics, etc)
● $1250 per semester (no additional reimbursement for travel)
● Send cover letter and resume to HR@relcmedia.org