Be Hands of Hope
Here are some ways you can “serve all people” in the coming weeks and months. Contact Deacon Beth for more information. “Let your light shine!”
- Prepare and serve a meal following The Welcome Church worship, a church without walls on Ben Franklin Parkway, the 1st or 4th Sunday afternoon of the month.
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware County to help provide housing.
- Make an in-kind donation of coffee, tea, sugar, cookies, or paper soup bowls for The Well, a weekly woman’s day program associated with The Welcome Church. These items support weekly fellowship and feeding programs.
- Engage with Headstrong at Nick’s House in Swarthmore, a nonprofit agency that provides rent free housing for families with a loved receiving cancer treatment in Delaware County.
- Take the Souper Bowl of Caring campaign to your place of employment and engage your co-workers.
- Use your Thrivent Action Team grants for a special project. Deacon Beth and Pastor Alina are prepared to offer coaching if you need help applying. If you have Thrivent Financial products such as insurance or investments, you can apply for a $250 Action Team grant (two a year) to raise awareness, link hands and heart with mission, and help people connect with important ministry and mission actions.