Once again, Reformation will provide Christmas gifts for people in need through community agencies. Stop at the St. Nicholas gift tables in the hallway outside the church office. This year you can take a “Gift List Card” for one (or more) of these organizations (instead of the individual gift tags used in past years) and purchase a gift from the list on the card. Please attach the agency card to the unwrapped gift and bring gifts to worship on or before Sunday, December 8, 2019.
Shopping Made Easier – Planning to shop for gifts for our St. Nicholas Celebration on Amazon? Remember to use smile.amazon.com and specify Reformation as the charity to benefit from your shopping. You are also welcome to ship your donations directly to Reformation. Please address them to St. Nick c/o Reformation, 102 West Rose Tree Road, Media, PA 19063. Contact the church office if you have any questions.
Caring for Friends (formerly Aid for Friends)
This ministry serves isolated homebound persons, primarily the frail elderly, in the Greater Philadelphia area, with free daily home-cooked meals delivered weekly by volunteer visitors. The goal is to help people enhance their quality of life, maintain their independence, and remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Robes, Pajamas, Towels (Kitchen & Bath) and Washcloths, Blankets, Pillows, Sheets, Pillow Cases, Sweatpants, Sweatshirts (large sizes preferred), Hand Soaps, Lotions, Toaster Ovens, Space Heaters.
Lutheran Settlement House
Since its founding in 1902, LSH has served vulnerable children, adults and families living in the inner city. Today they serve especially the newly homeless, abused women and children, and low-income seniors.
- Kitchen Items (e.g. pots and pans, silverware, etc.), Baby Items (Diapers, Wipes and Formula)
Chester Eastside Ministry
A respected force for good in Chester, this agency provides food and clothing ministries, basic tutoring and educational enrichment programs, crisis counseling and community advocacy programs.
- Art Supplies, Toys and Games
Cradles to Crayons
Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive – at home, at school and at play.
- Baby supplies (feeding, bedding, diapering and health supplies)
- Toys (baby and toddler) – no stuffed animals; videos, riding toys
Migrant Ministry of Chester County
This ministry works year-round with people who harvest mushrooms in Kennett Square, providing warm clothing and blankets as well as having Bible studies and offering many diverse services for the families.
- New Full Size Blankets, New (or gently used) Children’s books
Silver Springs – Martin Luther School
Silver Springs promotes trauma recovery and family reunification in a nurturing and healing environment with a quality educational program. Children are helped to heal and manage the overwhelming feelings and memories of the bad, sad, and scary things that have happened to them.
- Baby Dolls & Accessories (all ethnicities), Football Gloves, Legos, Legos Friends Set, Adjustable Baseball Caps (Phillies, Nike, Eagles) Arts Supplies & Kits that include markers, crayons, colored pencils, Sports Jerseys, Tee Shirts and Hoodies of all sizes, Basketballs & Footballs, Dream Lites & Twilight Turtles, Wireless Radio Control Vehicles, Watches, Racetracks for Hotwheels & Matchbox
KenCrest supports community development by exploring possibilities, mobilizing resources, and empowering dreams through work in early childhood development and with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Children’s (sizes 0-10) coats (new or gently used), gloves, hats, scarves, and socks)