The Reformation Library serves our congregation and its ministries with more than 1700 items in our self-serve library collection including books, periodicals, videos, audio cd’s, music, collections for children, teens and adults. The Library Committee thanks our many church members who donate to the library : books in memory of loved ones; books in honor of a birthday, anniversary, or other occasion, monetary gifts. Used books and other items may also be donated. The Library Committee will determine the suitability for the collection; items not usable will be passed on to the Media Library for their semi-annual Book Sales or to another appropriate site.
The library collection can be found in the hallway outside of the choir room and also in Room 227 which has seating for reading and relaxing. The Reformation Library is open during church office hours and on Sunday mornings. Check-out of books and other circulating items is easy:
- Find an item that interests you.
- Remove the card from the pocket in back of the book.
- Write your name and the date the book will be due (two weeks from the date you take the book out.)
- Place card in designated box on library shelf in hall.
- To return the book, simply place it in the Returns box under the shelves.
The Library maintains membership in the Church and Synagogue Library Association and its collection is cataloged to professional library standards. The collection database will soon be able to be accessed from the computer in the library, and, in the near future, from the church’s online website.
The Library Committee meets monthly and conducts outreach to our members through our lively library bulletin board, a church newsletter column with book reviews by members, book cart visits to Sunday School classes and to other special programs upon request.
Reformation Book Club
Sponsored by the Reformation Library
The Reformation Library hosts quarterly evening Book Club discussions. Books for discussion include both fiction and non-fiction and are chosen by the participants with rotating discussion leaders. A sampling of recent books discussions included Half the Sky, To Kill a Mockingbird, Cutting for Stone, State of Wonder, The Confession, and Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand. ALL members are invited to participate in Book Club discussions. See Sue Bianco or Laura Reiter for more information. Future discussion dates can be found on the church calendar.
- Oct 2017 Library News - Keep Our Library Growing! If you have books or DVDs that you think others would find valuable, please donate them to our library. Thank you this month to Sue Bianco for doing so. To access our library homepage and see the …
- Library News Sept 2017 - Library News Keep the Donations Coming. It’s exciting to have a dynamic library like ours, enriched by generous donations. Thank you, Christine Corson, Sally Phillips and Laura Reiter for recent contributions. To access our library homepage and see the extent of …
- August 2017 Library News - It’s the Dog Days of Summer…A Great Time for Reading Every wondered why we talk about the “dog days” during the sultry part of the summer? It didn’t used to refer to dogs lying around in the heat, but there …
- July 2017 Library News - July 2017 Library News Worship Traditions as Diverse as Humanity Check out the Library bulletin board for books about the diverse ways people have chosen to define the values of a good life, to worship and to live a life …
- Library Book Club – July 25 - Next Library Book Club Meeting Is July 25. The Reformation Library Book Club meets quarterly to discuss a range of classic and current fiction and non-fiction. Meetings start at 7:00 p.m. in the Alyce Thompson room, and everyone is welcome. …