Throughout the world, lighting candles is a sacred ritual. We light a candle for many purposes: to illuminate darkness, dedicate prayers, solidify intentions, offer blessings, evoke Spirit, and/or to nourish grateful living. Now you can light a candle online right where you are and you can see others that have been recently lit by our Reformation church family. (Note: virtual candles only ‘burn’ for two days.)
To Light A Candle
To light a candle, participants should click this link. Participants will then click “Begin” and follow the prompts to light a candle.
During the light a candle process, users will have the chance to dedicate and sign their candle (see screenshot below). Here you should enter our candle group name (RELCMEDIA) in the box below the following prompt: “If you wish, add a short dedication which will appear if someone clicks your candle.” (You can add more in the box after you type RELCMEDIA by hitting enter.) Participants can then complete the light a candle process by following the prompts.
How to View Candles in Our Group:
1. View all candles. There are two ways to do this:
- On the final page of the light a candle process, users can click “View all Candles.”
- Users may also view all candles by visiting the main Light a Candle page and clicking “View Candles.”
2. Search for our candle group (RELCMEDIA). When looking for your group’s candles, search your candle group name in the search field in the upper right hand corner of the page, as in this image:
- All candles with messages containing your candle group name will appear. It is then possible to open the candles to read the messages.
- After opening a candle within the group, use the back arrow to return to the grouping rather than clicking on “Back to Candles.” This way you can dip in and out of your candle group and also quickly see how many candles are lit.
We hope you find that joining with others to light candles will be a source of great comfort and healing.