Always in Mission! Mission in All Ways!
Hopefully you have received your information packet in the mail as of the first week of October, 2015. If not, please call or email the church office to receive yours.
- Watch this informational video and prayerfully consider your part in our Mission Campaign. Kick off of our campaign begins October 11, ending November 15.
- Attend as many Tell the Story events and “Spiritual Life” events as you are able to help discern your participation. (See our on line calendar for details).
- Pick up your copy of the Devotional book “Generosity” and attend our small groups available at various times and places beginning Oct 18.
Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Reformation is a congregation which is “always in mission” and a congregation which is “in mission in all ways.”
Our goal is to be Always Inviting, Always Serving, and Always Building a Living Faith in every way possible. This focus helps us build on the faithful foundation of the past and the servant ministry of the present to develop even broader and deeper avenues to do God’s work with our hands in the future.
Through the Church Assessment Tool (CAT) Reformation members affirmed that this is a progressive and flexible congregation with high levels of energy and satisfaction with our congregational life. Reformation is poised to grow to even greater levels of ministry and service.
The goals of the mission campaign reflect the priorities for mission expressed by the congregation and the “best practices” for meeting those priorities in our contemporary context. The campaign provides every member an opportunity to express their commitment to our mission through their support.
Here is how the Reformation Always in Mission! campaign will propel us forward together in faith as a growing, thriving, visionary congregation:
Witness and Ministry Through our Facility
We will articulate our Reformation identity and vision by renewing our facility to serve our mission in and to the community. We will pay off our mortgage to make increased funds available to grow our ministry.
- We will develop a plan for communication among members and the community that clearly establishes our Reformation “brand.”
- We will develop our use of technology to enhance and strengthen all our ministries, especially worship, education, and communication.
- We will retire our current facility mortgage by the end of 2018. This will allow us to shift the budget line from mortgage to ministry in 2019 to support the additional staff funded by the campaign.
- We will make selected facility upgrades to improve functionality and appearance where needed.
- We will hire a part-time Custodian to help maintain and manage our large and well-used facility.
Invite All People and Serve our Neighbors
We will deepen our connection to our neighbors by discovering their needs, using our resources to meet those needs, and inviting all into our community of faith.
- We will equip our members to invite their friends, neighbors, coworkers and relatives to “come and see” how their faith can grow at Reformation and to partner with us as we serve our community.
- We will grow our involvement in and outreach to the communities we serve by identifying unmet needs and involving members in hands-on projects in the community, partnering with other organizations and churches whenever possible.
- We will strengthen our relationship with our preschool as a major outreach ministry of service to our neighbors.
- We will hire a part-time Director of Outreach to help achieve many of these goals.
Build a Living Faith: Growing Disciples at Reformation
We will grow connections among members to engage a deeper sense of community and to facilitate faith formation for all ages. Among the ways in which we will help members to identify and use their spiritual gifts:
- We will strengthen our focus on Family Ministry (children/youth/parents) and on Adult Ministry (singles, couples with no children, empty-nesters, and seniors.
- We will emphasize faith formation for all ages (including growing adult education).
- We will help members grow spiritually in their generosity with the time, talent, and financial resources which have been entrusted to them by God.
- We will identify and equip people with leadership gifts to serve.
- We will hire a part-time Connections Coordinator to achieve many of these goals.
The Always in Mission! campaign will begin on October 11, 2015, and culminate on Commitment Sunday, November 15. Together we will raise at least $850,000, with 75% for Mortgage Liquidation, 17% for Ministry Development and Community Outreach staff additions, and 8% for Facility Renewal and Renovation. Commitments to the campaign may be given over a three-year period.
Embarking on a mission campaign now is essential for us to move forward with vigor and vision to meet the challenges and the opportunities for ministry that God places before us as we continue to be Always in Mission!